Take a shower, wash off the day. Drink a glass of water. Make the room dark. Lie down and close your eyes. Notice the silence. Notice your heart. Still beating. Still fighting. You made it, after all. You made it, another day. And you can make it one more. You’re doing just fine.
― Charlotte Eriksson
Most of you are probably looking at the title of this article and wondering if we are crazy. Have we gone off the new age deep end? In the search to find information on all things hair this came across our path.
With the resurgence of interest in all things natural, organic, and holistic; learning to breathe for better health has taken on a new meaning. Deep breathing and breath retention have been documented to have benefits for the mind and body. Breathing has been around since the beginning of mankind (literally lol). Mid-Eastern traditions and yogis from China, India and Tibet have several breathing techniques for different conditions. Psychological and physical. Many of these deep breathing methods are believed to help with anti-aging interventions to promote longevity, and some of these techniques have been kept secret or are still unknown to the outside world. This particular deep breathing method is known for its benefit with hair loss prevention and helping with facial wrinkles. The following Breathing Method is called the “Mind – Eye” Breath:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart
- Seal right nostril with right thumb and inhale deeply from left nostril until chest fully expands
- Close both nostrils with thumb and forefinger, while bending over from the waist, head lowered, knees sightly bent
- Hold breath in this position for 20-45 seconds, or as long as comfortable (a strong pulsation of blood will be felt in the head, eyes, mouth tongue, and brain; a flushing feeling from the chest to the top of the head)
- Slowly straighten up, and exhale from the right nostril (if a little dizzy or light-headed during this movement, cut back 5-10 seconds of of the breath retention with your head lowered)
- Build up to 40 seconds over several weeks
~*~ always remember to inhale through the left nostril and exhale through the right nostril. Perform this method no more then 3 times a session, 3-4 times a week for its full value. Because this technique generates high energy, it is best not to perform late in the evening ~*~
After a few sessions the dizzy spells will disappear, and you will begin to feel euphoric and energized. This technique will burn toxins and poisons in the body and purify the bloodstream. Hard to believe the claims presented, we don’t blame you and we are not endorsing this breathing technique as an intervention for hair loss, but it costs nothing to try. We also thought you might find it an interesting experiment.
We hope this helps you maintain and achieve the healthy hair that you want, wherever you are on your hair journey. Until next time, Peace and Hair Grease.